Registration Renewal is Now Open!
The registration year runs from July 1 to June 30.
Changes: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the following changes have been made to the renewal process:
- the renewal deadline for the 2020-21 registration year has been extended from June 30, 2020 to August 31, 2020,
- renewal fees for full practicing and provisional registrants have been reduced by $100 per registrant, and
- the Annual Continuing Competency Review (ACCR) requirement has been deferred
Additionally, the College is pleased to announce that the online registration/renewal platform has been updated. This should result in an easier user experience.
Renew by August 31, 2020 (Firm Deadline) to avoid late fees or cancellation of your registration.
Fees: For the 2020-21 registration year, the fee for renewal of full practicing and provisional registration is $425. For non-practicing registration, the fee is $125. Registrants with either full or non-practicing registration can renew online. We accept VISA and MasterCard.
Online Renewal: Note: If you are renewing in the full practicing registration category, changing your registration status to non-practicing, or cancelling your registration, you can renew online. For those registered in the provisional registration category, moving from non-practicing to full registration, or reinstating your registration after having cancelled it, please contact the College to request a reinstatement form.
Alinity, the College’s online registration platform has been updated. Detailed instructions and troubleshooting can be found here. There are two key changes to the new platform:
- User ID: your user ID (login) is now the email the College has on file NOT your registration number.
- Employment information: you will now be filling out your employment information for the 2019‑20 year. This information is required even if you are moving to non-practicing or cancelling your registration.
Tips for Success
- Have your login information ready.
- Read the instructions carefully.
- Avoid using Internet Explorer (instead use Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari, etc.).
- If you experience problems, clear your browser history or switching to another browser or device.
- Do the renewal when you have dedicated time (around 15 minutes) to avoid timing out the session.
- Credit cards (Visa and MasterCard) are accepted for payment; debit cards are not accepted. You may also choose to pay by cheque.
- If you have ongoing difficulty, please check our FAQ document for troubleshooting support or contact the College for assistance at firstname.lastname@example.org Where possible, include a screenshot or photo of the problem so that we may better assist you.
First time Renewing?
Click on Forgot Your Password on the login page and enter the information (the email the College has on file for you). A password will be emailed to you.
No more scrambling around to find the receipt for your income tax. Once you’ve renewed, paid your fees and met all requirements for renewal, you’ll be able to login and download your registration card and official tax receipt. Previous years receipts will also be available.
As a registered occupational therapist, the general public is re-assured that you hold the qualifications to provide safe, ethical and effective care. While registration is a requirement to practise occupational therapy in BC, registration also ensures you will get timely updates from COTBC regarding new regulatory resources and legislative changes affecting practice. Make sure your contact information (including employer info) is up to date on the College register so you receive these notices.
Click here to login and complete your renewal online. The renewal process works best in the following browsers:
The most current version of Chrome, Firefox and Safari are supported. Internet Explorer is NOT supported. Please note that older versions may not provide optimal user experience. The College is not responsible for technology issues beyond its control.