Last Update: September 10, 2021
The College closely monitors relevant regulatory considerations associated with the COVID-19 pandemic. To support you, we have been publishing information on our website and social media channels as quickly as we can.
Registrants are advised to monitor this page, as well as the Office of the Provincial Health Officer, BC Centre for Disease Control, the Government of BC’s COVID-19 response, and local health authority websites for up-to-date information.
As the province moves to regional restrictions rather than province-wide ones, registrants will need to ensure they are following infection prevention and control measures applicable to their practice areas. Businesses will need to follow communicable disease prevention guidance, in accordance with WorkSafeBC’s communicable disease information for employers.
As the risk of COVID-19 transmission lessens but remains in our communities, we thank you for adhering to public health directives in providing occupational therapy services to support the residents of BC to stay safe and well.
College Updates & Resources
- September 10, 2021: COTBC Statement on COVID Misinformation
- August 26, 2021: COVID-19 Practice Guidance: BC’s Restart Plan Step 3 (UPDATED)
- July 29, 2021: COVID-19 Practice Guidance: Telehealth in Occupational Therapy Practice (UPDATED)
- March 17, 2021: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) About BC’s COVID-19 Immunization Plan (UPDATED)
- December 8, 2020: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) about BC’s Restart Plan Phase 3 (UPDATED)
- November 20, 2020: COVID-19 Practice Guidance on Province-Wide restrictions: New COVID-19 measures
- November 18, 2020: Advisory Statement on B.C. Provincial Health Officer Order SARS-CoV-2 Swabbing
- November 13, 2020: Clarification of BC Ministry of Health’s Mask Use in Health Care Facilities Policy
- July 8, 2020: Practice Guidance: What can I expect from my Occupational Therapist Public Resource
- July 8, 2020: Practice Guidance: Point of Care Risk Assessment Resource for Occupational Therapists
- May 25, 2020: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) about BC’s Restart Plan Phase 2
- May 22, 2020: Providing in-person community care during COVID-19: Guidance for regulated health-care providers (UPDATED)
- May 12, 2020: BC’s Restart Plan: Phase 2 Guidance in Development
- May 8, 2020: What BC’s Restart Plan Means for Occupational Therapists
- March 23, 2020: Questions and Answers about the Provincial Health Officer’s March 23, 2020
- Update for Regulated Health Professionals
- FAQ on returning to work after travel
- FAQ on whether you should suspend services
BC Provincial Health Officer Updates
- November 16, 2020: Health Authority Regulated Health Professional SARS-CoV-2 Swabbing Order
- November 11, 2020: Confirming Scope of Provincial Mask Use Policy in Health Care Facilities Communique 2020-05
- May 15, 2020: COVID-19: Important Update from the Provincial Health Officer
- BC’s Restart Plan
- COVID-19 Orders, Notices & Guidance
- March 23, 2020: Letter from the Provincial Health Officer on expectations of regulated health professionals
- March 16, 2020: Joint statement on B.C.’s COVID-19 response and latest updates
- March 16, 2020: Message from the Provincial Health Officer: Requests for information and new self-isolation advice for health care workers
- March 13, 2020: Message from the Provincial Health Officer
- BC Centre for Disease Control
- BC COVID-19 Symptom Self-Assessment Tool
- Public Health Agency of Canada
- HealthLink BC
- Infection Prevention and Control Canada
- Government of Canada COVID-19 for Health Professionals
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Allocation Framework
- Provincial COVID-19 Task Force: Ethical Decision Making Framework
- BCCDC Poster for Health Professional Setting
- World Federation of Occupational Therapists COVID-19 Resource
- World Health Organization
For up-to-the minute news on COVID-19 follow BCCDC on Twitter.
This webpage was first published on February 21, 2020. We update the time stamp each time we add new information.