All new applicants must provide evidence they meet the set requirements by completing all necessary documentation.
The application and accompanying documentation must be sent to COTBC by mail or email. Once your application has been reviewed and entered you will be contacted regarding payment. Use the Registrant Application Checklist (found at the back of the New Registrant Application Form) to ensure your application is complete, including all signatures, forms, required documentation and payment. This will facilitate the timely processing of your application.
Once the College has received all required documentation, applications are typically processed within seven days.
Application Guides: Typical Paths to Registering to Practise in BC
Infographic – Getting Registered to Practise (New Grads)
Our infographic Getting Registered to Practise walks you through the steps required to register as new Canadian graduate OT in British Columbia.
Infographic – Getting Registered to Practise (IEOT)
Our infographic Registering to Practise in BC walks you through the steps required to register in British Columbia if you are an Internationally Educated Occupational Therapist (IEOT).
For All New Applicants
- New Applicant Registration Form
- New Canadian Grads Registration Guide
- BC Criminal Record Check Process
For New Grads Needing General Supervision
For Canadian OTs Coming to BC
- Labour Mobility Support Agreement Confirmation Form
- Labour Mobility Support Agreement
- Regulatory History Form – forward this form to each regulatory organization where you have previously held or currently hold a registration or license to practice