The College of Occupational Therapists of BC sets standards of practice that occupational therapists are required to meet. The standards are informed by legislation and regulation, as well as documents such as the Code of Ethics, College Bylaws, and the Essential Competencies of Practice (3rd ed.).
Practice Standards assist occupational therapists by:
- defining registrant responsibilities;
- describing minimal expectations for occupational therapy practice; and
- defining safe, ethical, and competent occupational therapy practice.
- Code of Ethics
- College Bylaws
- Essential Competencies of Practice for Occupational Therapists in Canada – 3rd Edition
- Effective May 1, 2023, these will be replaced by the Competencies for Occupational Therapists in Canada (PDF).
- Practice Standards & Guidelines
- Scope of Practice Statements
- Advisory Statements