COTBC Strategic Plan
To protect the public by regulating, advocating and advancing safe, ethical and quality occupational therapy practice in British Columbia.
Leading excellence in quality occupational therapy through self-regulation in British Columbia.
Key Result Areas
Supporting and Advancing Quality Regulation
- Ensures regulatory excellence by keeping its regulation and bylaws current.
- Demonstrates excellence in policy analysis to guide decisions.
- Monitors the outcomes of national level collaborations and their impact on College governance and operations.
- Will establish a knowledge translation and research agenda to enhance its evidence-informed approach to College policy and programs.
Responsive and Accountable Leadership (Governance & Operations)
- Exemplifies leadership informed by governance best practices.
- Enhances the public’s awareness of the College’s role in protecting the public’s right to safe, ethical occupational therapy.
- Assures sufficient financial and human resources to meet its mandate.
- Advances quality programs and services, and demonstrates ongoing evaluation.
Supporting Client/Patient Safety Culture
The College …
- Promotes public confidence with regards to the quality and safety of occupational therapy practice.
- Promotes public awareness, input, and access to information by developing a public awareness strategy.
- Supports inter-professional collaboration to promote quality health outcomes and occupational therapy competencies.
Monitoring and Supporting Quality Practice
- Will take a competence-based approach to support public confidence regarding the quality and safety of occupational therapy services.
- Will implement its Quality Assurance Program to ensure the ongoing quality of practice in the profession.
- Provides support to facilitate registrants in meeting the essential competencies for practice.